We are medical aid - friendly!
At DK FAMILY CHIRO, we are passionate about true health and wellness, and provide quality care and treatment to patients of all ages.
Whether you are looking for relief from headaches, back, neck and joint pain; tight and tender muscles, recovery from pain due to injury, or your baby is irritable with colic, we are here to help!
If you need postural correction and want to improve your overall health and well-being, we can help you achieve your goals!
WHAT IS CHIROPRACTIC ?
Seeing a Chiropractor is a great way to seek ultimate relief! Doctors of Chiropractic practice a hands-on approach that includes patient examination, diagnosis and treatment, with the use of joint manipulation. This plays a crucial role in stimulating the nervous system.
A Chiropractic joint manipulation/adjustment is a manual procedure (which is a highly refined skill), to apply thrusts of varying speed and forces to synovial
The chiropractic adjustment is often described as a “cracking” or “popping” sound. It is simply gas bubbles being released due to a change of pressure within the joint. There is no pain involved.
Patients often note positive changes in their body following the treatment.
Alongside a Chiropractic adjustment, there are other numerous techniques that may be implemented which are gentle, such as traction and adjusting tools.
Chiropractors may also recommend therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises, as well as provide postural correction, nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counselling.
WHY SHOULD YOU SEE A CHIROPRACTOR TODAY?
An everyday action or exposure to physical, chemical and/or emotional stresses, can cause any of your movable vertebrae to lose its normal motion. This causes the joint to become jammed, leading to irritation of both the joint and its nerve, and other surrounding structures such as muscle. Both the nerve and trigger point formation within the muscle, can cause pain within the vicinity and refer elsewhere.
CAUSES OF BACK & NECK PAIN
- Bending forward and twisting, like putting your shoes on
- improper sleeping, especially when lying on your tummy, or use of a neck pillow that is of inadequate support
- driving sitting asymmetrically, even with one arm out the window
- sitting slouched in front of a computer
- bending your neck downward to look at the cellphone
- standing for long periods of time, with no engagement of the core muscles
- standing asymmetrically, with hip hiking to the one side
- Lifting objects with your legs straight
- carrying backpack on one's shoulder
So anyone can suffer from such pain syndromes, therefore anyone can benefit from Chiropractic care!