OUR CHIROPRACTIC TECHNIQUES & CONSULTATIONS
Chiropractic is a health care profession that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system
WHAT CONDITIONS DOES DR DIANA TREAT?
- Neck & back pain
- Pregnancy-associated pain or discomfort
- Work & sport-related injuries
- Numbness & tingling in the arms or legs, such as Sciatica
Paediatric conditions such as infantile colic; sleepless baby; latching difficulties in infants; middle ear infections; irritable baby; asthma; neck and back pain in children; scoliosis in the child and young adult
- General health & well-being, and maintenance care
WHAT TECHNIQUES & TREATMENTS DOES DR DIANA DO?
Dr Diana implements a wide range of techniques, to care and treat you and your family:
- Spinal & other joint manipulation & mobilizations
- Neck & lower back traction
- Dry Needling of muscles
- Kinesio-taping (for muscle spasms, disc injuries, bruising & swelling)
Electrotherapy(IFC, TENS & Ultrasound)
- Active & passive muscle release techniques & stretching
Dr Diana also performs a unique and specialized technique that makes use of a mechanical device, which is gentle and suitable for:
- those who do not prefer the traditional chiropractic 'cracks' !
This is called Torque Release Technique.
What is Torque Release Technique (TRT)?
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT MY CONSULTATION AT DK FAMILY CHIRO?
Your first consultation may last 45-60 minutes. You will be advised to bring along any previous xrays/scans to your visit with us. A full patient health history, spinal assessment and appropriate treatments are performed. It is preferable to dress comfortably.
Dr Diana will then advise you on further care for which you may continue at home, which may include:
- stretching & strengthening exercises
- postural correction
- healthy sleeping positions
- diet related to reducing systemic inflammation
- pain medication
- heat and/or ice therapy
Your follow-up consultation may last 20-30 minutes.
When there is an improvement in your pain and daily function, you will be encouraged to follow a well-needed "maintenance care" program!
WE ARE MEDICAL AID - FRIENDLY !
The majority of medical aids have coverage for chiropractic services in their health care plans. Our practice is contracted to all medical aid schemes for which we will claim on your behalf at full scheme rate (dependent on your scheme plan, and provided that funds are available).
If you wish to pay privately, you will be provided with a statement with each and every visit, for which you can claim directly from your medical aid.
Please call our offices for these rates. We do offer a pensioner and child rate too! (Card facilities available).